Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Beatles

Phil Spector’s crazy pre-trial rant about McCartney.
Posted on October 27, 2008 by Matt
I don’t think I’m the first one to say that Phil Spector has lost his mind. I mean he’s never truly been stable. He does have a history of pulling firearms on people, John Lennnon being one of them. He is a musical genius, but he’s totally lost his marbles.
When you are on trial for murder I guess a lot of thougths go through your head. One begins to examine their personal legacy and the mark(s) that they’ve made on the world. I guess Phil is just exorcising his own demons, and looking at his legacy both as a person, and a creative artist. He certainly knows how to hold a grudge though. Paul McCartney and Phil Spector are two very strong personalities, giants in the music world. You would have thought that they would let the dispute and ill-feelings over the production of the song “The Long and Winding Road” be little more than thoughts from a long time ago.
I guess Phil just cannot let the past go. Maybe that’s all he has left.
Here’s what we’ve read.
Hands trembling and eyes watering like a broken main, bonkers record producer Phil Spector lashes out left, right and centre in a bizarre interview.
He is a man with much to say – and a hell of a lot on his mind.
Spector – a legend in the music industry for creating the so-called “wall of sound” – is awaiting retrial in America for the killing of nightclub hostess Lana Clarkson.
Last year a jury failed to reach a decision and a new one has just been selected in LA.
Spector is on a million dollar-bail and could be banged up for life – but that doesn’t seem to be troubling him too much today.
Instead, he seems more concerned with settling old musical scores. Sir Paul McCartney, for one, is unlikely to be high up on his Christmas card list.
Read more »

No comments: